So on the eve of October 20, 2012, a spectacular new trailer was debuted for the highly anticipated Bioshock: Infinite.
And wow. Just, wow. Not only did we see about 2 minutes of all game-play, but we also got a release date. Let me tell you, February 26th cannot come soon enough.
Now, the guys at Irrational Games let the fans vote for the three things they wanted to see in the video most. I voted for the Songbird, skylines, and of course, the Handyman. Hey now, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.
Here are some highlights I thought were worth mentioning:
1. First off, the scenery. Everything is so beautiful. The buildings and the overall look of the world is just phenomenal. The environment artists really took the cake this time.
2. Next, I am so fascinated by the Handyman, so seeing him not attacking Booker,but being displayed as a product was a nice change. He looks just brutal.
3. So every time I see Booker falling through the sky and catching himself of various skyline cables, I get excited and nervous all at the same time. Excited because of how unique this type of travel is, and nervous with how easy it looks to just get lost.
4. I’m really looking forward to seeing a better variety of enemies. The first two had some memorable boss fights, but both got a little repetitive.
5. I love seeing Elizabeth being an actual team player. Dragging an AI teammate around usually turns out to be a bad time for all. This doesn’t seem like an escort mission, which I’m looking forward to.
6. And lastly, I’m crazy about the song they chose. No, it has nothing to do with the game, but I enjoyed it. That was Nico Vega’s “Beast” in case you were wondering.
Overall, I’m a huge fan of the trailer. Every time this game has been pushed back has just left me feeling betrayed and broken. So many unanswered questions were running through my mind. It was to the point where I thought I was just going to continue to be teased and there was never going to be any kind of commitment. Finally, seeing the game play and getting an actual release date has absolutely reassured me that this is something worth waiting for.