We at The Cultured Nerd know some of you have been wondering what happened to the TCN Writer’s Contest. We will be pushing the contest deadline back to September 30th. We wanted to provide an expanded opportunity for submissions and give applicants enough time to fully flesh them out.
For those of you who have already submitted your story, feel free to take this time to revise them! (Just be sure to resubmit them in a new email.)
The prizes and rules are all the same–all that’s changed is the due date. All stories will be due at September 30th.
The guidelines are as follows:
- One submission per person
- At least 1,500 words
- Any genre
- Adult or disturbing themes can be included, so long as they’re tasteful.
The same prizes and places are also still in place:
– 1st place winner will win one month free of the $10 tier from the TCN Patreon. This includes access to chat with TCN staff, behind-the-scenes access, and more. They will also have their story published on the website.
– 2nd place winner will win one month free of the $5 tier from the TCN Patreon, which includes a TCN logo decal and more. They will also have their story published on the website.
– 3rd place winner will win their story being published on the website.
Once you have your final draft ready for submission, please email it to [email protected]. Please also reach out to us at this email if you have any questions about the contest.
Thank you to everyone who has already submitted their stories and to everyone who is planning to submit one.
Good luck to everyone!