Logan’s most versatile power is front and centre with brand new info.
In Marvel Comics’ latest X-Men reboot, Wolverine has been used fair heavily — particularly in the House of X series and other Dawn of X series such as X-Force.
The next step in Logan’s story is in his solo series, Wolverine #1 gathers the themes and story beats and brings a more focused road for Wolverine’s continuous development to travel down.
One of the more thought-provoking points that Wolverine #1 has expanded upon is Logan’s healing factor, particularly in regards to his blood; giving more information, along with some restrictions:
- Wolverine has a completely unique blood chemistry that is so unlike other blood that it does not obey the same rules around the blood groups, positive and negative rhesus types or antibodies and antigens, however, although his blood is extremely different to everyone elses, his blood can still be transfused into others allowing for short term healing of others.
- His blood completely rejects all infections, malignancies and autoimmune disorders, in a similar, yet completely separate, manner to the blood of Vampires.
- Wolverine’s blood and it’s healing properties are only at 100% efficiency when inside his body, losing its effectiveness quickly when it leaves him, unlike Vampire blood which retains its infectious power.
- Ultraviolet light has no deterioration effect on his blood, unlike Vampire blood.
- Wolverine’s blood is not classified in the usual way. A, B, AB and O do not apply to him, his blood is classified as E — The Endless.
There have been many instances in the comics where Wolverine has come back from being almost completely obliterated, and this shows us why. Each time he heals, it is because of his blood chemistry. His lifeblood is his actual blood.
Wolverine (2020) synopsis:
“THE BEST IS BACK! Wolverine been through a lot. He’s been a loner. He’s been a killer. He’s been a hero. He’s been an Avenger. He’s been to hell and back.
Now, as the nation of Krakoa brings together all Mutantkind, he can finally be… happy? With his family all together and safe, Wolverine has everything he ever wanted… and everything to lose.
Writer Benjamin Percy (X-FORCE, WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT) and legendary artist Adam Kubert (X-MEN, AVENGERS) bring the best there is to his new home!
PLUS: The return of OMEGA RED!”