As of now, the PlayStation Vita is now available for $200 in North America. With the announcement also came the news that the necessary Memory Cards would be seeing a price cut as well, and now thanks to Sony’s PlayStation Blog, we know what they are:
- PS Vita Wi-Fi model – $199.99 (was $249.99)
- PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi model – $199.99 (was $299.99)
- 4GB Memory Card – $14.99 (was $19.99)
- 8GB Memory Card – $19.99 (was $29.99)
- 16GB Memory Card – $39.99 (was $59.99)
- 32GB Memory Card – $79.99 (was $99.99)
Yes, the previously higher end one is going to be the same price. Rumor suggests that Sony is simply trying to phase this model out due to its slight unpopularity thanks to its partnership with At&t but this could simply be fans voicing their optinions rather than facts.
Either way, now with the PS4 on its way with an official release date, its as good a time as any to finally pick one up.