When Christmas morning rolled in, many were excited to open their brand new PS4 but shocked and disappointing to find that a group of hackers took down both the PSN and XBL networks, leaving any and every online service inaccessible for the unforeseeable future.
But then the light at the end of the tunnel became visible and Xbox Live came out free in the clear, then shortly after Sony’s network services began to restore themselves.
But many of you, myself included, started up their PS4’s after hearing the news only to find that the connectivity issue was not resolved. On my PS4 I was disappointed to find a repeat error of CE-33987-0, but luckily I found a solution.
If, like me, you are getting the network error CE-33987-0 do the following:
- Go to the PS4’s Settings menu and go into the Network Settings
- Select “set up internet connection”
- Choose either Wi-Fi or Lan Cable options (whichever one you primarily use will work)
- Select CUSTOM
- If your connection is password locked now enter your password
- Select Automatic for IP Address settings
- Select Do Not Specify for the DHCP Host name
- Select Automatic for the DNS Settings
Now here comes the important part:
- Select Manual for the MTU settings
- Change the number in the prompt box to 1472 (Mine was defaulted at 1500)
- Select Do Not Use for the Proxy
- And finally Finish and Test your connection
And thats all, for me it took about 30 seconds of my day to get this done and right back into playing Destiny. Hopefully you all have similar look. See you online.